CERAFLUX-5A is white colour powder made from salts of sodium, potassium and cryolite.CERAFLUX-5A is recommended for melting and covering operation.
CERAFLUX – 5A is recommended for melting and covering operation. Exothermic property of the product influences faster melting of aluminium. CERAFLUX – 5A forms a layer over molten aluminium which acts as a barrier between molten aluminium and atmosphere by this CERAFLUX – 5A prevents the oxidation of molten aluminium.
- For crucible furnace: 0.5 - 1% of metal charge. (Higher % recommended for loose and uncleaned scrap)
- For reverberatory furnace: 125- 150 gm/ sq. ft. area.
Aluminium in molten condition has higher affinity towards hydrogen & oxygen. Molten aluminium alloys rapidly forms an aluminium oxide (dross) film whenever surface is freshly exposed to atmosphere. CERAFLUX-5A is designed to prevent the formation of layer (aluminium oxide), being low temperature melting flux CERAFLUX-5A forms liquid layer of flux when applied on preheated charge. The molten layer of CERAFLUX-5A prevents the oxidation of aluminium.
CERAFLUX-5A is low melting point flux (max-650˚C), it is to be applied on the metal before melting of the metal. It is advised to apply CERAFLUX – 5A in 2/3 stages.
- Take requisite quantity of CERAFLUX-5A as recommended.
- Add 1/3rd quantity of total required flux in the beginning i.e. when charge is preheated stage.
- Charge the furnace when the initial charge get melted (take care not to disturb the layer of the flux, try to charge the scrap from one end only) and ensure that the scrap is free from dirt , oil , moisture.
- Add remaining second part of the flux on molten metal wherever the layer is disturbed and ensure that layer of flux covers the whole metal surface. Keep the layer intact to prevent oxidation of molten aluminium.
- Continue the procedure till the full quantity of metal is melted.
- Rabble the fine dross with help of ms tool.
Flux is hygroscopic in nature so store in dry atmosphere.
25, 50 kg. HDPE bag