CERAFLUX FUSED REFINING FLUXES are a synthetic anhydrous carnallite (KMgCl3, K2MgCl4, K3Mg2Cl7 ) in fused granular form. They react quickly to efficiently remove sodium, lithium 2 4 3 2 7 and calcium from primary molten Al and Al-Mg alloys.
- Sodium free, sulphate free, nitrate free, fluoride-free
- Low melting point for rapid dissolution/dispersion.
- Once on the surface, prevents hydrogen pick-up.
- Less hygroscopic than MgCl2
To remove alkali elements from molten aluminium in the melting or holding furnaces., Add refining fluxes in the solid charge or on the heel, just before adding the liquid charge. Stir the metal with nitrogen or argon gas for effective removal of alkali elements, hydrogen and inclusions.
|Colour||White to greyish||White to greyish||White to greyish|
|MgCl %||40 min.||43 min.||60 min.|
|KCl||59 min||56 min.||39 min.|
0.25 to 1.5 kg/MT (The addition rate of CERAFLUX FUSED REFINING FLUXES will depend on the initial and targeted levels of Na, Li and Ca).
Flux is highly hygroscopic in nature to be store in dry place. Close opened bags or storage bins tightly after use.
- 5 kg plastic bags in a 25,50 Kg HDPE bag.
- 5 kg plastic bags in a 25 Kg HDPE carboy.