CERAFLUX - 11 is Pink Colour powder made from Salts of Chloride & Fluorides recommended for cleansing and drossing operation.
Aluminium in molten condition has higher affinity towards Hydrogen & Oxygen. Molten aluminium alloys rapidly forms an aluminium oxide (Dross) film whenever surface is freshly exposed to atmosphere. Excessive Formation of aluminium oxide (Dross) can be prevented by disturbing layer as little as possible which is difficult to maintain at Shop Floor.
CERAFLUX - 11 forms a protective layer and the special exo-thermic properties of CERAFLUX - 11 reduces the Dross formation & loss of Metal through Dross.
CERAFLUX - 11 is recommended for cleansing and drossing operation. CERAFLUX - 11 form a layer over molten aluminium which acts as a barrier between molten aluminium and atmosphere. By this CERAFLUX - 11 prevents the excessive dross formation and reduces the loss of metal & gas pick-up.
Meanwhile exo-thermic reaction of CERAFLUX - 11 influences easy removal of metal free dross and removal of non-metallic inclusion from molten metal.
- For Crucible Furnace : 0.5 - 1% of metal charge (Higher % recommended for loose and uncleaned scrap)
- For Reverberatory Furnace : 125- 150 gm/ Sq. ft. of molten pool area.
- 1) It is most important to keep the cover of flux over molten metal through -out melting practice. For this it is advised to apply CERAFLUX - 11 in 2/3 stages.
- 2) Take requisite quantity of CERAFLUX-11 as recommended.
- 3) Add 1/3rd quantity of total required flux in the beginning i.e. at semi- liquid stage. Keep the layer intact to prevent initial oxidation of molten aluminium.
- 4) Add second part in the middle stage i.e. approximately 50% of total melt.
- 5) When melt is ready; add the remaining quantity at a temperature 7000 C, allow to stand for 5-6 minutes. Rabble the Dross for 2-3 minutes with skimmer.
- 6) Put-on the furnace wait for 5 minutes more, this activates the flux, heating the Dross and helps good metal separation.
- 7) Remove the metal free dross with help of perforated skimmer.
50 Kg HDPE bag
FLUX IS HYGROSCOPIC IN NATURE SO STORE IT IN DRY ATMOSPHERE.