CERAFLUX-36 is a modifying flux used in aluminium alloys having Silicon content 7 - 13%. CERAFLUX -36 is a modifying flux consisting sodium salts.
- The purpose of modifying eutectic Al-Si alloy is to change the acicular form of silicon to a spherical or globular form.
- The modification treatment improves the mechanical properties in both the as cast and heat-treated condition.
- Conventionally Al-Si eutectic alloys are treated with salt base modifiers to obtain the desired structure.
- Casting with improved and consistent mechanical and metallurgical properties.
- Improves as – cast mechanical properties such as tensile strength and elongation.
- The modified metallurgical structure and improved distribution of silicon phase gives better machineability and improved surface texture.
- Prepare the desired alloy composition
- Follow the normal fluxing and cleansing procedure recommended for using suitable flux from CERAFLUX-11.
- Degas the melt with a suitable grade of D'GASSER and dross off using small quantity of a suitable flux from CERAFLUX-11.
- After degassing operation, add TIBON-5/5E as per requirement.
- After grain refinement, add precalculated quantity of CERAFLUX-36 depending on the melt size.
- Hold the metal until all the salt is melted over the surface.
- Wait for minimum 10 minutes for modification effect to take place.
- Rabble it to ensure homogeneity of the composition, then add small quantity of CERAFLUX-11.Skim cleanly and pour without delay.
1.5 to 3.0% of total metal quantity and a temperature of 710 – 730°C
25,50 Kg HDPE Bags.