It is a range of products made by the high alumino-silicate fibers &/or high alumina cement (asbestos free) in
standard and non standard shapes like tundish, launders, distribution pans, spouts, troughs, transfer ladles etc.
Joining aids consist of CERAL MASTIC's & CERAL CEMENT.
CERAL SHAPES are having following advantages over other refractory materials :
- They are non-wettable to molten aluminium.
- They can withstand thermal shocks from 800C to room temperature without cracking.
- They can be cut or machanined easily, so that lining of any curvature or critical shape is easy.
- Pre heating is not required.
|Comparison of CERAL SHAPES with normal refractory lining|
|Sr. No.||NORMAL REFRACTORY LINING||CERAL SHAPES|
|1||Wastage of metal due to sticking lowers down the yield of metal.||Non wetting property gives maximum yield of clean metal.|
|2||Loose refractory material which is bounded with Binder &/or hydraulic bond leads to refractory inclusion which affects the quality.||Pre shapes properly heat treated do not give any refractory inclusion hence pure metal is available.|
|3||Every time preheating is required which is a recurring cost.||Preheating is not required hence more economical.|
|4||Very short life & repeated patching leads to higher consumption of refractory material & thus more down time.||Life of lining is very high due to higher thermal shock resistance hence no recurring cost & down time.|
|5||Individual lining cost is less but cumulative hidden cost of down time, heating & labour is Higher with chances of inclusions.||Basic cost is higher but still economical. No any further cost, Higher life & No Inclusions.|
- CERAL REGULAR - CERAL HIGH INSULATING
- CERAL 142 - CERAL HIGH STRENGTH
- Nature : White coloured pre cast shapes.
- Density : 1.3 gm. / c.c.
- C.C.S. : 95.00+/-5.00 kg./cm2
- Temp. for continuous use : 800C
- Reaction with lubricating oil : Resistant
- Wet-ability to molten aluminium : Non-wettable
- Thermal conductivity : 0.48+/-0.1 W/mK at 800 C
- Linear thermal expansion % : 0.27+/-0.03