CERALOY-ALD is aluminum metal/alloy which is used as a de-oxidant in steel casting.
Molten steel dissolves oxygen during melting. As the steel cools, the dissolved oxygen combines with carbon in the steel forming carbon monoxide:
[C] + [O] = CO (g)
- If allowed to occur during solidification this would cause gas porosity in the castings.
- The amount of dissolved oxygen in the steel depends on the carbon content of the melt, low carbon steel containing higher oxygen.
- The dissolved oxygen is also affected by the silicon and manganese content of the steel.
- To avoid gas evolution during solidification, the melt must be deoxidized with an element which combines preferentially with the dissolved oxygen forming a stable oxide.
- CERALOY-ALD is commonly used in button form for rapid dis-solution.
- Additions vary from about 0.1% for medium carbon steel to 0.2% for low carbon steel
- CERALOY-ALD (P) [Al = 98-99.5%]
- CERALOY-ALD [Al = 95-98%]
- CERALOY-ALD (A) [Al = 85% min]
- Stick form - 20 kg gunny bag.
- Button form – 20/25 kg gunny bag.