CERALOY Mg is an aluminium magnesium alloy. This alloy is used to add magnesium metal in
molten aluminium or its alloy to produce LM series/ alloys.
- CERALOY Mg is an aluminium magnesium alloy.
- This alloy is used to add magnesium metal in molten aluminium or its alloy to produce LM series/ alloys.
- As CERALOY Mg is supplied in aluminium-magnesium alloy form, The dissolution of magnesium is easily achieved then by adding magnesium metal (which may also result in burning of Mg metal in case of pure Mg addition).
- Small additions of 0.25–0.5% Mg allow Al–Si alloys to be hardened by heat treatment, improving mechanical properties through the precipitation of Mg Si in a finely dispersed form.
- Their proof stress can be almost doubled. Mg is used at levels of around 1% in high silicon piston alloys
- Melt the aluminium metal.
- Add CERALOY Mg as desired for alloy composition at around 750 to 780ºC.
- Follow the normal fluxing and cleaning procedure from CERAFLUX range.
- Degas the melt at suitable temperature & clean with small amount of flux.
- After all the process is completed, take the sample for checking the Magnesium content, if satisfactory start pouring immediately.
- 25 kg Plastic carboy
- 25 kg gunny bag.
Foundry Metallurgical Products
Products for Ferrous
Non-Ferrous Products for Zinc
Non-Ferrous Products for Copper
Non-Ferrous Products for Aluminium