CERALOY -Si is an aluminum-silicon alloy. This alloy is used to add silicon metal in molten
aluminum or its alloy to produce LM series alloys.
- CERALOY -Si is an aluminum-silicon alloy.
- This alloy is used to add silicon metal in molten aluminum or its alloy to produce LM series alloys.
- CERALOY- Si as an aluminum-silicon alloy used to add silicon in molten aluminum alloys.
- Most casting alloys contain silicon as the major alloying element
- Silicon forms a eutectic with aluminum at 11.7% Si.
- Silicon additions improve casting characteristics by improving fluidity, feeding and hot tear resistance.
- Melt the aluminum metal.
- Add CERALOY Si as desired for alloy composition at around 700 to 750ºC.
- Wait until the alloy is completely dissolved.
- Stir the melt to get the homogenous dissolution of silicon in the liquid aluminum metal.
- Degas the melt at suitable temperature & clean with small amount of flux.
- After all the process is completed, take the sample for checking the silicon content, if satisfactory start
Foundry Metallurgical Products
Products for Ferrous
Non-Ferrous Products for Zinc
Non-Ferrous Products for Copper
Non-Ferrous Products for Aluminium