CERALOY-Sr is modifier for Al-Si Hypo-Eutectic and Eutectic alloy.
- CERALOY-Sr is modifier for Al-Si hypo-eutectic and eutectic alloy.
- They are particularly suited for all alloy properties, gravity die castings such as cylinder heads, manifolds, aluminium alloy wheels etc., and sand castings.
- The purpose of modifying eutectic and hypo-eutectic Al-Si alloy is to change the acicular form of silicon to
a spherical or globular form.
- The modification treatment improves the mechanical properties in both the as cast and heat-treated condition.
- Conventionally Al-Si hypo-eutectic and eutectic alloys are treated with sodium in the metallic form or with salt base modifiers to obtain the desired structure.
- However, pure sodium is very difficult to handle while salt based modifier can cause some amount of moisture and gas pick up if not formulated, stored or used properly.
- The effect of modification with sodium fades with holding times and is lost on re-melting.
- Excessive sodium additions or over modifications reduce tensile values appreciably.
- The chemical reaction of sodium based fluxes reduces crucible life substantially and pollutes the environment due to fume generation.
- CASTING WITH IMPROVED AND CONSISTENT MECHNICAL AND METALLURGICAL
- CERALOY improves as – cast mechanical properties such as tensile strength and
- The longer lasting modification effect gives consistent metallurgical and mechanical
properties of the castings.
- BETTER MACHINABILITY: - The modified metallurgical structure and improved distribution of
silicon phase gives better machine-ability and improved surface texture.
- Prepare the desired alloy composition.
- Follow the normal fluxing and cleansing procedure recommended for using suitable flux from CERAFLUX range.
- Degas the melt with a suitable grade of D'GASSER and dross off using small quantity of a suitable flux from CERAFLUX range.
- After degassing operation, add CERALOY-TiB as per requirement.
- After grain refinement, add precalculated quantity of CERALOY-Sr depending on the melt size and rabble it to ensure homogeneity of the composition.
- Wait for minimum 10 minutes for modification effect to take place.
- Take a sample for checking the modification effect, if satisfactory start the cast.
- 0.2 - 0.3% of CERALOY-Sr-10
- 0.4 - 0.6% of CERALOY-Sr-5
- CERALOY Sr-5/10 is available in 20 kg gunny bag.
- Each cast waffle weights approximate 200gms and 9.5 mm rod approx.100gms
- Degassing and fluxing using chlorine based products must be avoided after modification using CERALOY-Sr-5/10; otherwise it results in strontium loss.
Foundry Metallurgical Products
Products for Ferrous
Non-Ferrous Products for Zinc
Non-Ferrous Products for Copper
Non-Ferrous Products for Aluminium