Craftanol-256 IP is a ready for use green coloured spirit based zircon coating. The blend of suspending agents & Zircon in the product enhances good covering properties with increased refractoriness of coating.
- Stir the coating thoroughly before application
- Take out requisite quantity of Craftanol-256 IP; if required dilute the coating by CRAFTANOL THINNER to desired degree of consistency as per application practice.
- Brushing:- Ready For Use(After thorough mixing)
- Apply the coating by brushing.
- Ignite the coating immediately after applying. In case of large moulds part mould to be coated & ignited immediately.
Craftanol- 256 IP is recommended for high temperature metals like Steels, Alloy Steels, heavy section cast irons and for copper base alloys. High temperature metals / heavy section cast iron / precision cast iron casting requires high temperature coating barriers which can withstand high metallostatic pressure of liquid metal to prevent Sand fusion / other problems related to Sand and to improve the surface finish of Casting.
- Colour - Green
- Appearance - Liquid
- Specific Gravity - 1.55 – 1.65 @ (27 ± 3)ºc
- Viscosity By B4 Cup - 13 – 18 Sec @ (27 ± 3)ºc
- Settling 1 Hr. - 6 Ml Max.
- Baume (As It Is) - 55 - 60º Be
- Coating On SilicateCore By Brushing - No Peel Off, No Cracks Satisfactory
- Ensure that mould is completely dry before pouring liquid metal.
- Ensure proper mixing to obtain uniform coating all over mould. Excess thickness results in rough surface.
30 Kg Plastic Bucket, Carboy.