CRAFTCOTE - AVC
- CRAFTCOTE-AVC is a powder form sand additive used in core and mould.
- This product has unique property, which reduces veining and scabbing defects.
- CRAFTCOTE-AVC is recommended to use in cold box core / no bake core.
- Sand cores are produced in the foundry industry to primarily make internal cavities of a finished
- When the sand cores are placed in a mold and molten metal is introduced, a rapid thermal
expansion of the sand in the sand core takes place.
- This rapid expansion results in core failure i.e.Cracking of core.
- If the metal is still molten, the metal runs into the cracks in the core creating a fin,
or in foundry terms, a vein as the metal solidifies.
- At molten metal temperature the additive in antiveining compound burns-out, leaving extra space for
thermal expansion of sand, results in the elimination or reduction of veining defects.
- CRAFTCOTE-AVC can be used in wide range depending upon the severity of the veining problem.
- Take requisite quantity of sand in muller. Add CRAFTCOTE-AVC in muller the quantity will range
from 0.5 – 3.0 %.
- Mix for 2- 3 minutes and then add binder.
- We recommend to add CRAFTCOTE-AVC in the range of 0.5 -1.25% max. on the weight of sand.
- Colour : Reddish brown.
- Appearance : Powder
- Tap density : 0.90 – 1.0
Foundry Metallurgical Products
Products for Ferrous
Non-Ferrous Products for Zinc
Non-Ferrous Products for Copper
Non-Ferrous Products for Aluminium